View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 04:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Patient Medical Records Systems???

I am looking for information to help find a "good" patient medical records system (PRS). My wife was dxed with MS over 30 years ago. We recently moved and after starting over with six new doctors, it is clear that we need a system to track my wifes' medical records. It's overwhelming trying to keep track of her conditions/symptoms, doctor visits, medications, tests, treatments etc.

Can anyone give us recommendations on the best PRS and/or sources of ratings/comparisons? I have been able to find MANY different systems; however, I have NOT been able to find any comparisons or ratings. I prefer a software package that we can run on our PCs (Windows) vs. an online system for obvious security reasons.

There are MANY potential benefits of a PRS. For example, being able to track different medications taken over many years for various conditions. My wife recently started having a recurrence of facial pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia/MS related). A key issue with her Neurologist was, what medication has she taken in the past for the TN/MS and what worked/didn't work, dosages, side-effects etc........... I found my paper notes, scribbles, to be lacking when I tried to reconstruct her past medication.

I could write a book on how a PRS can help patients/families with chronic conditions. I'm currently using a software package from CapMed.Com. The system has benefits; however, it could be much better and there is minimal support.

Any help will be appreciated! SORRY for the long post.
MrBill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote