View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

Quote:
I had my teeth bleached for the first time by my orthodontist after Invisalign braces with Illume -1hr.
First it is not recommended to undergo a teeth whitening treatment after orthodontic treatment for at least 6 months post op time. This because your enamel need to remineralize and gain its strength after an ortho treatment
Quote:
After it was done I had really throbbing extremely sensitive teeth. I went to see my dentist who told me to use toothpaste in the customs made bleaching trays overnight.
I have completed at least 300 teeth whitening procedures and ive never had any patient experiencing similar complications. What kind of light did your dentist use? What kind of gel? ( Hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide and what was the percentage of the active ingredient used?) Did he use desensityzing agent prior to treatment? Did he use Liquid rubber dam to insulate your gum? All this materials need to be used in order to prevent such experiences. If he did then you are most likely a unique case

Quote:
I did this for two weeks but the trays caused my teeth to move which caused more pain.
No one uses trays anymore, patients can overfill the trays causing irritation of the gums due to the contact of the gel with your gingiva. This is absolutely wrong. These methods are old. Now you can use a touch up pen to control the amount of gel and activate it with a mini LED light to speed up the process.

I would suggest you to stop using these trays until your sensitivity disappears. Use Vitamine E 100% oil and fluoride rinse to improve your sensitivity issue.
anna_rdh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote