View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy411 View Post
I wake up with headaches also--some days they are debilitating. My doc figured out they're caused by my neck. Next we have to figure out what's going on with that--I had a nasty whiplash many years ago that is the likely culprit.

The only thing that helps right now is an ice pack on my neck. I do this first thing in the am these days whether I have a headache or not, my neck is always bothering me.

I'm sure my hormones are involved as well, too.
I've had a long history of awful headaches, but have finally found treatments that work for me, and may well help you too.
1. Try different height pillows. The wrong angle all night will cause problems.
2. Get a series of remedial massages. This will sort out the sore and tight neck muscles. This was the first thing that gave me relief from the headaches. You will probably need a few as it takes time to undo the muscle knots. Must be remedial massage.
3. Start taking magnesium chloride. A magnesium deficiency is well known as a muscle pain cause. Since stating on this, I no longer have to have the massages as my muscles are no longer knotted.
4. Take note throughout the day of what sort of strains you put on your neck, and see if you can moderate them. Laptops are the worst, for instance, as the posture is all wrong when you use the keyboard. Look at the seats you use for neck strain-especially when watching TV.
All of these little things add up and contribute to headaches.
The whiplash is likely to be a factor, so tell your masseuse about it, so the muscle damage can be repaired.

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote