View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramE View Post
I understand about the nausea, I think I've had it my whole adult life, maybe before, but 4 years ago I was diagnosed with gastroparesis. I couldn't eat any fat, no fiber, no meat unless it was really smushed or chopped or processed. I was the queen of carbs, 4 bites at a time. I taught myself to eat more but learned to limit my meals to about 1 cup of food. And I ate all the time to keep the pain and the nausea at bay. I took something when the nausea got debilitating I took Zofran. I have metabolism issues too. But having said all that, last Oct I wanted to loose some weight, which is difficult for me to do so I asked my dr for something. The overthecounter stuff just doesn't digest fat and I don't eat fat. He gave me Adiphex. First day, first pill, I knew my stomach was different. I went all day without eating and had no pain or nausea. And I was like a tasmanian devil of energy. Ok, that part wore off after a couple of weeks, but I'm still taking it and I haven't had a stomach ache in one year. Which is good because the accident from which I acquired the rsd would have sent me into the nausea pit for good. Now, I must add that I am ADD, and the adiphex is also given for that because it changes your fight or flight response. So my dr concluded that my stomach problems must have all been caused by overstimulation. He ain't gettin' these pills back. It is a wonderful life with no nausea, even though I have rsd in both legs and many memory issues. I don't know if this will help you, but I'm new here and saw your post and wanted to respond. I was taking aciphex for my stomach acid and it really worked well for me.
Hi GramE, How kind of you to respond and share your experience with all of us. Neurotin and Lyrica put a LOT of WEIGHT on me. It's insane. I went of gradually and didn't get my seizures back. Most foods don't taste good to me-am vegetarian now except fish. I've had RSD 15 years -full body and internal organs. Have anxiety and it sounds interesting -the adiphex I'm going to ask my Dr. about it for me. I take 2 high blood pressure meds, vicodin, lorazepam, seroquel for sleep, cymbalta -he is a neurologist, psychiatrist and pharmacologist. We are suspecting RA, so am going to see a Reumie Doc. The weight gain is hard on me emotionally and physically, I was very invoved with sports prior to RSD. I, too, have memory issues, trigeminal nerve disorder, herniated disc in neck, diverticulitis, and I think now RA. Am 61, married, wonderful married daughter who lives 5 minutes away. We live in Arizona.
Hope you find the support here that I and many of us have. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (11-24-2010)