Thread: More confused!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default When I 'fired' my first neuro?

I said 'we don't communicate well' to the second neuro I was getting an opinion from. I outlined what was working and what was not [I was NOT internet wise at the time? Just followed instinct?] And got someone who said: I think we can help you. I cried in relief all the way home! Who wouldn't?
Every single hospital I've been to since...for surgery or emergencies? If I am admitted they are always paging FOR that 'fired doc'!
Believe me, docs are worse than the stereotypical church lady gossips at times? THEY KNOW what you MEAN when you aren't communicating well! And they know WHO you mean it about and WHY you mean it!
What inspires me in any doc? IS CURIOUSITY! That I mite NOT fit into all boxes for disease/condition A vs. B! First fired neuro didn't show any curiousity at all! Just did the most basic and minimal tests in the most primitive of settings. Another clue? Is how the staff, from receptionists to nurses and techs treat you and such... If they're happy? They're professional and efficient. If not? Something's wrong in that docs' offices.
No, we aren't drug seekers! We just want some relief now and then and help to keep this all from getting WORSE! That part, [read Cyclops' posts] is a real and true fear of all of us!
The stress your fears put on you must be recognized:

http://www.google.com/search?q=fight...rlz=1I7GGIK_en
Stages of panic and how it works? While this site is targeting kids, it's short and sweet for a complex subject!
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/auto.html
We DO seem to be in stages of "red alert!" when having some/many neuropathy problems. Trick is? Recognise them, then deal with them!
Maybe ANOTHER opinion might strike a chord with you? Also about the doc making the opinion. I VIEW second opinions as ME Interviewing the DOC. Three or five docs, usually are OK? But when you get to seven or fifteen? Then you could be pigeonholed other ways. So pick wisely and well.
Keep faith and hope! !'S - J
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote