View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 07:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Pain

I have just had a cervical fusion, after years of pain. It is great. Tried the injections and they did help, but my whole spine was degenerating fater than it should with simple osterarthritis. I still need L5-S1 done. I did find out that the Lyme disease was causing the disks to degenerate so quickly. Had a brain rupture in 1999 and shoulder, feet, surgeries to name just a few. With the pain of my spine came brain fog, extreme fatigue and my daughter who at the time was a second year dental student called me to say that a man they were introduced to in her class gave his story that morning and his problems were from Lyme disease. In 1989 I had an engorged tick removed from my head in Texas. The lab said I did not have to worry about Lyme because it did not exist in Texas. If only they had given me doxycycline then. I am now on IV antibiotics and my life is my own again. It was a long journey but if I had not been tested by a reputable Lab I would have continued to degenerate in all areas of my health. Ask for a Western Blot and find out if you may possibly have an underlying disease. pam482@hotmail.com Best Wishes, tangye5
tangye5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote