View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

I do think skin color is a factor.

Normally darker skinned people, live in more tropical Southern countries. They don't cover up 100%... either.

In the US darker skinned people tend to have rickets risk more.
This is because the more pigment in the skin blocks some UV...but in their country of origin they are typically outside MORE, so that balances out.

In northern latitudes, darker pigmented people need longer sun exposure therefore.

The Amish are highly inbred too...so that if the original members from many decades ago, were inefficient Vit D synthesizers, that trait would be passed eventually to the whole community. The Amish are often quoted as having less autism for the same reasons, to illustrate that autism may be genetic.

But I do think the coming years will be exciting about Vit D.... and we all need to keep in mind that Vit D is NOT a vitamin...and I hope the name converts to D3 or CholeD3 or something like that. The general public and some older medical doctors think...diet/deficiency...and that is not what is happening.

I do think it is exciting... the new research. And in fact it may turn out to be a medical miracle and turning point in our world!
(won't Big Pharma be fit to be tied?)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (01-01-2013), Conductor71 (11-25-2010), VICTORIALOU (11-30-2010)