View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I do think skin color is a factor.

But I do think the coming years will be exciting about Vit D.... and we all need to keep in mind that Vit D is NOT a vitamin...and I hope the name converts to D3 or CholeD3 or something like that. The general public and some older medical doctors think...diet/deficiency...and that is not what is happening.

I do think it is exciting... the new research. And in fact it may turn out to be a medical miracle and turning point in our world!
(won't Big Pharma be fit to be tied?)
I am wondering, this is entirely tangential, how many of us are affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder? All this talk of light and dark struck me...I have always had a reaction to changes in Daylight Saving Time, but I would say markedly so in years just preceding my first motor symptoms. I went to a doctor's appointment Monday and found myself asking for anti-depressant; this was completely not pre-meditated, and we started talking SAD...which lead us too my vita D level. Anyway, I realized that I am having a particularly difficult time adjusting to the time change, so my doc suggested I invest in light therapy before drugs. That's a first...new I liked her for some reason!

Just wondering if this is just "me" or if anyone else notices they are impacted by the lack of daylight? It might not at all be a Parkinsonian thing, but Mrs. D and Rick always provide good food for thought....

I also wanted to thank you two for exploring this skin color aspect and sunlight aspect... I have had a sneaking suspicion that answers lie in the melanin. We lose a lot of it with PD, and it seems to be a really under-researched aspect of the disease especially in relation to this vita D stuff.

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
VICTORIALOU (11-27-2010)