View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 07:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
two weeks after both of these fasts, I ended up with severe back muscle spasms and it literally took me about 6 months to get better.
Just wanted to note that your reaction may not have been to the fast... but to the subsequent inclusion of a food that your system reacted to. If reactions are not noted and the diet changed, the body will sometimes change the mode of 'communication' by changing the symptom. The person will assume that the 'missing' symptom means they got better when, possibly, the symptoms may have just 'evolved' into something else.

When doing a fast and then adding foods back in, a journal should be kept. That way, if the same symptom follows a second or third fast, then you can look at what foods were added in before the symptom appeared.

I do absolutely agree that one should 'take it easy' during fasting though. This means that I don't think the body should be hugely stressed with big workouts or running. It should be a time of calmness for the 'whole system'.

This does not mean lying in bed the whole time. It means working quietly, reading quietly, moving slowly but with purpose. It is highly beneficial to do a slow moving form of exercise during this time (yoga, tai chi, etc.).

Also beneficial are epsom salt baths.

I have found, using this technique that fasts have become a fundamental way of life.

This is not to say that I haven't done fasts the other way (just going back to a regular diet immediately). It was those times that I did not benefit very well from the fasts, which is why I know what I know now.

All the mistakes I've made still count for something!

Kind regards,
KimS

After a fast, food should be added back in very slowly, one at a time (about 8 hours apart). People often seem to just return to their regular every day diet after that and then suffer for it and blame the fast.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)

Last edited by KimS; 09-17-2006 at 08:00 AM.
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote