View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 10:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Loretta,
I'm not taking any of those yet, my neurologist is still optomistic about getting me 'back to normal' within the next year, but I think even he has adjusted his thinking in the last 3 weeks. I had a nerve block 9/27, which wore off 10/28 and surprised me by introducing my right foot and ankle to RSD. I haven't worked since and many days I have kindly but forcefully asked my husband to go down on the corner and see if anyone is selling morphine. Otherwise get a chainsaw and just get these things off of me.. Well last week doc gave me 2 inj in my sacroiliac and someone has turned the burner down to low and I actually have ankles. Now they are still pretty blue/red/purple, but the fire has gone out if I behave and not take too many steps. I wonder has anyone on here ever figured out what is too many?
My doc is an older orthodox Jew with a heart for people in pain. What a blessing he is. He is what I am most thankful for this thanksgiving. I have had my C4/C5 with bone spurs and pinched nerve repaired and I take 3 blood pressure pills, thyroid, Mobic for inflammation, Daracet & Vicodin and Xanax. and the Lidoderm which I unknowingly almost od'd on. Beyond dealing with the pain, the slowness of how I process everything is most difficult to deal with as I feel like I'm moving at the same speed(except walking) but everything takes twice as long on good days. I'm just beginning my 60's, have a wonderful husband who has his own health issues, 4 children w/ spouses, 10 magnificent grandchildren. My activities are limited to going to church when I can and two bible studies. That is all I've been able to manage before the shot last week. I'm in Indiana and not looking fwd to winter, but being at home is good. I am a mailman and work outside.
I have learned a lot just in the short time I've been here, and I know I am blessed by only being affected in my feet and ankles and my head(but some would say that has always been there). Thanks for your kind response, have a quiet day. pat
gramE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote