View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 03:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfizer Hater View Post
I quit Lyrica. I tapered down from 300 mg over 5 weeks. Then another two weeks of absolute HELL.

I've suffered from fibromyalgia for nearly 18 years. I was on Lyrica for 13 months. After the initial loopiness and scary leg swelling, I started working out and the leg swelling disappeared. I got strong again and felt almost normal. It was wonderful until I got a lung infection and became very depressed and suicidal.

I'm thinking, "I'm not suicidal..." so I checked my meds, and sure enough, Lyrica has suicidal thoughts listed as well as infections. I was also experiencing blurred vision as well. That was 6 MONTHS AGO!!!

Since then, I've lost my income and become basically un-functional. Homelessness is just around the corner. My doctors think I may have a brain tumor or cyst. Just before I started tapering off, I started getting headaches. They've gotten worse. I'm poor so approval for an MRI is taking weeks. I may die first.

(FDA approval was delayed because Lyrica causes tumors in mice. Pfizer convinced them that was just because of high doses.)

To taper off, I took Soma - a muscle relaxer. It really helped until I ran out. By then, I was bedridden and of no mind to manage to get a refill so I suffered through the last two weeks.

If anyone hears of a lawsuit, let me know. I'd like to join in. Lyrica is extremely addictive - even after the free sample period. It only works for a few people. I read an estimate that only 15% will be helped - but nearly everyone who tries it will get hooked and have to suffer the withdrawals. If you go cold turkey, your brain could swell - this has been documented.

Shame of Pfizer. Shame on the FDA. The advent of Lyrica is nothing short of criminal abuse of the already suffering.

I wish I'd never heard of it. I would advise everyone to avoid this poison at all costs.

i completely agree with you, and pfizer has being doing too much of this bulls** lately. are they also the makers of slurroquel. anyways harleygirl and pfizer i completely agree this drug is the worst.

and for that guy that said hey lyrica is like baby aspirin. don't start there guy. i mean for one, the longer you're on lyrica, the more the lyrica demon possesses you, and also the more you're withdrawals are gonna feel like the spawn of hell.

there's only a select few drugs out there, that can make the withdrawal from lyrica, somewhat pleasant and they are some antidepressants, savella possibly, topamax(another AED), valium, xanax. and quite possibly a few other AEDs besides trileptal or tegretol(both are extremely depressing)

i got so depressed going off lyrica, i didnt want to kill myself, but literally felt like a zombie dead person.

PS B vitamins and magnesium chloride may be a little helpful too.

fatigue, insomnia, migraine issues

neurontin
omega 3 fish oil, b complex,
acid blocker(famotidine)
Lopressor
NAC
low dose aspirin

Former, experience in:
Prozac
bruegger84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote