View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 09:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default neuropsych testing

hi epona

neuropsych testing is useful in proving there is damage to you,re brain, but that is all,

unless the doctor is to prescribe some ongoing treatment, this could set boundaries for you, by telling you this part is damaged or that part is damaged,

I don.t try to hide my deficits but explain them in a matter of fact way, I have a lot of missing bits as i call them, bits of conversations , bits of actions this is due to instant memory loss

so its hard to keep a train of thought, so i find this work round useful , this is to go back to the last bit that stuck in your memory .like ask your self now what was i saying or what was i doing,

things like this can happen to me, I will be say, ordering something in a restaurant some thing will attract my attention , i have totally forgot the waiter is standing next to me, or that I was looking at the menu,

when asked excuse me sir, instead of looking blankly at the waiter, I re-evaluate the situation

. like menu waiter i,m ordering food then perhaps explain i have a head injury

but friends and family can help a lot with this just by reminding you of what you are doing

dose this some up the Swiss cheese memory thing for you
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grady Lady (11-26-2010)