View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I am also reading a few things about gluten and neuropathy. Has anyone tried the diet? Is there any success to this?
It depends on what you eat when going gluten free. If you stop eating gluten breads, pasta's, cookies, crackers, then switch to gluten free processed breads, pasta's, cookies, crackers and such, you will not lose. If you go gluten free and eat sensibly, then yes, you probably will lose. Eat whole foods, fresh fruits, veggies, sweet potatoes...that sort of thing and you will not only feel better, but may lose.

When I first went gluten free, I ate cottage cheese with fuirts or veggies in it. I loved it, and I lost weight. That was over 10 yrs ago, the gluten free bread then was worse than disgusting, so I didn't bother with it. When I started eating gf pasta's and such, that was when my other intolerance's reared their ugly heads. I no longer eat anything processed, all fresh or frozen veggies and fruits, sweet potatoes, squash, chicken breast, and sometimes fish. Took me 10 yrs to figure this all out, so I try and help people figure it out in the beginning. I had so many issues with intolerance's and such I developed a candida problem and have been on a candida diet sine March...I have lost 92#. By the way, when I first went gluten free, before eating processed foods again, I did lose 60#, of course I gained it all back when I went back to the processed foods. I will not make that mistake again!

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (11-27-2010), mrsD (11-26-2010)