View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hey Vini,

Isn't is great when you can have a brain fart and those around you can show that it is not a big deal?

The waiter situation sounds so familiar. The distractability of PCS can make for interesting situation. We just have to shrug our shoulders and go on.

epona girl,

Those great times DO make you think you are crazy when a bad time jumps up to show its face. One gets used to the higher levels of functioning and whammo, you are right back at day one.

I am constantly thinking this is all made up and just in my head. Well, I am right on the second part. Just physiologically 'in my head,' versus crazy in my head.

I tend to be a bit timid about taking on challenges that may cause a relapse. I take the challenge much slower. My concern is not whether I can meet the challenge, but rather, prevent a disaster if I fail. I still get lots done.

My biggest day to day challenge is with word finding. I can get stuck trying to get the simplest of words to come to my mouth. Sometimes, I can even envision the word.

Or, as you said, I find myself staring at the waiter and wondering what is next. I go through the clues; waiter, restaurant, no food on our table.... duhhh, maybe he wants my order. Now, what was I thinking of ordering???

I wish I could remember the tip I heard on Weird Eaters on cable last night. They were helping people who get stuck on specific food obsessions. At the time, I thought, I need to remember this. Now..... Should have written it down.

epona girl, Keep on keeping on. Eventually, you will discover those symptoms that may pop back up and the triggers for the pop up event. Then, you can learn to side step the triggers, sometimes.

My best to you all.

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the USA.

To the rest, we Americans just pigged out for an entire day. Great to have a holiday focused on food.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grady Lady (11-26-2010), vini (11-27-2010)