View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 12:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This happens to me so frequently as well. You know the word , but it's stuck somewhere in a spot you can't quite get to!! I also find I can't always remember how to spell something. I never, never had trouble spelling, I was always the person people asked when THEY couldn't spell something. I now keep a dictionary handy, especially when a write in my journal...I so hate spelling errors. My sister frequently fills in the "blanks" for me!

I got sick in the middle of June they ran the usual scans, labs and such. At that time the only thing that seemed to be causing my problems was a B12 deficiency. I was started on a series of injections and oral meds. This helped some but didn't resolve the problem totally. The neuro I saw at the hospital started testing me for MG at my first F/U visit. I still take a B12 supplement daily, also an injection monthly.

The United States has one of the widest B12 normal ranges in the world. If the US used other countries ranges more people in the US would have B12 issues. In other countries they also supplement on a greater level than here. Many doctors use B12 injections as a routine thing, not so much in the US today...although this was very popular in the "old" days.

Rachel