View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 04:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default are we in agreement about some thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imark3000 View Post
I am following your steps and have made changes in my diet in line with your suggestions and particularly taking coconut oil (I reduced my carbohydrate intake but would not eliminate it altogether as they are the best source of fibre).
Results so far: I noted about 300% increase in my energy (measured as maximum ability to work out on stationary bike which increased from 150 to 450 calories), BUT NOTED NO IMPROVEMENT IN MY TREMOR.
I speculate that all cells including brain cells are better energized. So we have more dopamine but also more acetylcholine and improvement of PD tremor depends on tilting the balance in favour of dopamine. (antycholinergic drugs which work best for tremor do this by suppressing acetycholin). Hence no improvement in tremor.
This is 100% amateurish speculation only justified for lack of better explanation but I am not forgetting that little knowledge can be dangerous so please take this in account !
cheers
Imad
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsen View Post
Laura, thanks for the info linking coconut oil (thus Meium Chain Triglycerides) to the acetylcholine system. Seems any time we utilize substances which impact this system, my husband's symptoms increase dramatically. madelyn
Thank you Madelyne and Laura for your input.
It seems to me that we may be all in agreement that coconut oil (thus Medium Chain Triglycerides) is doing some thing like energizing ALL brain cells without differentiation. This is still great news if proved to be true as there is nothing in doctor's bag of drugs which helps in saving the remaining dopamine producing cells from certain death because of energy starvation due failure to utilize glucose, as far as the theory goes.
An immediate solution comes to mind which is coconut oil (thus Medium Chain Triglycerides) + anticholinergic drug which keeps acetylcholine in check.
What do you think?
Imad
imark3000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote