View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

I am clueless on the whole cortisol thing, but I think maybe Judy and others may have some input.

I've been in the supplement limbo situation at times.

For a time, I was beginning to feel like I wanted to upchuck anytime I took my vitamins...and decided that maybe I was getting too much of something and laid off.

Well, I have to say I have learned one thing. I can not lay off my B12. I know my B12 level is high...last tested many years ago at about 1000, but anytime I have cut back I begin having B12 deficiency like symptoms in a matter of days to a week. I know that my level doesn't drop that quickly, but I need the daily intake.

Still, I have trouble staying on the wagon of my other supplements, and over time, I do start feeling less well. Most recently, I was again having regular chest pains (something reminescent of my B12 def days). I added back B6 (that has some magnesium with)...and tried to remember my multi...and the chest pain is gone. I had been having it for almost a month...finally started remembering to take more of my vitamins...and now it has been gone since.

So...two things. One is knowing what we really need...and two is keeping up with it. I struggle on both counts. My current doctor hasn't done any blood testing for anything (well, TSH and T4)...although I haven't had any major complaints...and in a way...it has felt good to be well enough to just exist without medical intervention.

In a perfect world, I'd see an integrative/orthomolecular type doc who would do the appropriate nutritional testing~ but I lack the motivation at this point to pursue it. If you are really feeling slumpy, I'd find that doctor who is willing to scrutinize what you may be missing...too high or too low in. (I don't think B12 is something you can be too high in...not from anything I've ever read.)

Hope you can figure things out~

I think the digestive enzymes is probably a very good tip from orthomolecular. How many times have I said I was going to try that for myself and my daughter, and haven't???? I've heard from many who have had good results with digestive enzymes.

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 08-22-2006 at 09:21 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote