View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 04:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was off a lot of foods for years before Mestinon; it was horribly painful to eat them. Mestinon let me eat them.

Being off the foods didn't heal me at all. (And in addition, when I could barely breathe in the heat because of disease, I wasn't eating anything for days and I wasn't cured.)

I knew something was wrong with me because I had so many restrictions even when I could eat. On Mestinon, I can eat a much more varied diet (I'm still a little careful but there's a big difference).

Not that I'm going to write a thread anywhere about how Mestinon is the cure-all for all food problems (and Prednisone is pretty good too) but I would actually wonder if someone on Mestinon from minute one of illness (or from birth even) is going to test positive for celiac ... and I would expect that people who don't get relief from food problems despite being on the med, may test positive for food problems because of a failure to have properly controlled (including using medication) disease for a prolongued period...

(And P.S., I don't have MG but with what I have, Mestinon does an awful lot.)
Heat Intolerant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote