View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 06:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick2 View Post
Do you know if one can be gluten intolerant yet still "pass" gluten bloodwork testing?

Thx

Hi Mick2-

Inasmuch as no test is 100% reliable I would say that yes it is possible, but I don't know how probable. From what I understand the intestinal biopsy done after a long gluten load is considered to be the ultimate diagnostic test. This is based on what I have read and I have no personal experience with tests for celiac disease.

A quick check before posting indicates that the blood tests are roughly 91%- 95% accurate.

No one knows your body better than you though. If you get negative reactions of any kind when you eat gluten and feel better when you don't eat it for an extended period, then it would appear as if there is an intolerance of some sort. At that point it wouldn't matter to me if I had a negative blood test, I would know myself that there's a problem with it regardless. I'd stop eating gluten to see if the issues clear up. If they do-great! Problem solved. If they don't- then further testing may be warranted.

What you do for yourself of course, is always your decision.
Please forgive what may seem as short or terse tones in either my questions or responses. I two finger type so I tend to keep things short and to the point. Takes WAY too long to type flowery phrases. No offense EVER, EVER intended.
Aries51 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote