View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 07:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Maybe you could get some advice from a dietician? I am just focusing on eating healthy and that seems to be working for me. It's very slow, but then I put on weight very slowly as well, and I think that taking it off the same way is the best. Oh, the other thing the researchers are all talking about is portion size, that is important to.
My sister is a dietician and always tells me, it's diet and exercise, they go hand in hand.I was exercising every morning for at least 20 minutes, using DVD's and such, and getting no where fast, just like you say. I also was eating differently than before. Peanut butter was probably my downfall, not only too many calories, but also an intolerance I didn't want to admit I had. Peanuts and soy fall into the same food groups and I haven't been able to have soy for 9 yrs. First, I gave up the peanut butter, then my very good potato chips (probably the afest potato chips there are, if they can be eaten), then when I gave up Nutrataste, Splenda, etc, the weight started coming off....plus, I walk. At first, the walks were short distances, then graddually got longer until I was doing a mile every morning. 1 mile was it though, my neuropathy doesn't allow more than 1 mile, I guess it feels it is being generous allowing the mile. Now, I am not walking the mile, it's just too cold, but I do walk fast, they say like you are trying to catch a bus without running!

I WILL not allow the weight to climb back on, so I keep walking. When the weather gets worse, I will get my gazelle out and walk on it, or go to the mall and walk inside. I do know, walking helps, it firms up all those areas we want firmed.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote