View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 09:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A little update...

The surgeon I saw for a second opinion has sent me to an Endocrinologist. Tomorrow is the first appointment. Tuesday and Wednesday, I get to have the nuclear medicine thyroid scan. I am not real clear on how this all works, but I know that cold spots that show up are not good according to the surgeon's nurse. She did not explain that part...

I am hoping that somehow, I will be able to avoid surgery. I am still having a nasty flareup from procedures done in October and January and I cannot get this anywhere near under control... I don't know what the problem is, since I have been able to get down to 5 mg of Prednisone previously, sometimes lower. I am at 7 now and barely hanging in there.

Then, Thursday, my husband did something to the back of his knee-not cool for a teacher who works 2 jobs. He can barely walk on that leg and will have missed 2 days of school as of tomorrow, and has been down all weekend. I begged the Urgent Care doc to give him a cortisone shot, so he could function, but he did not want to do that, fearing he would walk on it and cause damage...

This is tough, because he is a person who is never sick, or hardly ever anyway. I think the last time he missed school like this was years ago, when I gave him 2 chocolate ExLax, believing that 2 work better than 1... Anyway... It does work, but now he doesn't let me doctor him too much...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote