Thread: Dejavu
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dejavu

Hi all,
I had my first brain surgery in 1997 when I was 17. It was an aneurysm towards the right side of my head. Before that I was a normal teenager doing all the stuff.. After that surgery my left limbs were affected badly. In fact I could not move my left hand at all, but although restricted I could move my left leg a bit. Years passed and I recovered through physiotherapy to some extent, and I could somehow walk by holding someone's hand. But I couldn't walk on my own at all. Then again in 2006 the aneurysm recurred and I underwent another surgery. After all these four years I have recovered somewhat but I still remain dependent on others.
Now on to my actual concern. Before my first surgery, I used to experience a strange kind of feeling. That is at any point of time I had these strange reminders in my mind which suddenly used to creep in unintentionally. These thoughts were of experiences of things that had already happened in the past of which I was a witness. It was a dejavu kind of a thing. I used to become motionless during such bouts, and used to vomit after the bouts. But after the bout and vomiting was over and everything was normal, I always failed to say what was in my mind during such a bout.
But after my first brain surgery, these bouts of dejavu recurred but this time there was no vomiting. Even now after my second surgery I have such bouts, the only difference being that I don’t vomit. The only thing that happens during such a bout is that I get the feelings of my past experiences. I become absolutely motionless during such bouts. But strangely, after such bouts I fail to recollect what was in my mind during the bouts.
I am absolutely clueless as to why is it so. Why am I having such experiences? Plz help..
pritam79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote