Old 11-27-2010, 11:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
I am bumping this notice up as a reminder

Peggy
Most excellent bumping, Peggy.

There is so much information in the world, it is good to be guided to some GOOD information by PWP who have already been around the block a few times. Especially cool is that these people at Parkinson's Disease Foundation have a bunch of online seminars from the past, always available. ("Browse Past Online Seminars")

In addition to this one about communications, I am going to the one about sleep disorders. It's a big issue that I don't hear about. Sleep deprivation is used for torture: prevent sleep for 3 days and you hallucinate; after 5 days you are (temporarily) psychotic. I am sure that there are sleep-deprived people who have been given anti-psycho drugs or declared to to be insane, when what they really needed was a good snooze.
Losing even one night's good sleep can turn you into a grouch and bumbler; if sleep deprivation continues, you can go ten kinds of crazy. If you feel more bizarro than usual, in addition to your usual checklist (Did I take the pill on time?; is something stressing me?) be sure to take note about how you slept the night before. I think the impact of going without sleep clobbers PWP far more than our non-PWP population. My latest hand-out card says:
I am not crazy
I just need a nap
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote