View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 11:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm also trying to follow Dr. Wahls' diet. Laura, what you were wondering about is on page 13 "Eons ago, they may have even been separate from our animal ancestors, and joined with us to live as part of our cells for our benefit". At least I think that's the one.

It's the mushrooms that I wonder about, I have never thought of them as being a source of much nutrition.

I don't mind the leafy greens and onions - I saute a chopped up onion in a wok on the stove and then pack in as much spinach as I can with a little water and cook it for about 8 - 10 mins. And I like the daily log list of vegetables in each category on page 179. I've been making fruit crisps with frozen blueberries for the blue/black (rice flake crust) and put strawberries in a smoothie or eat red pepper with a dip for the red. It seems like each individual category is fine, it's just the total amount! It's a lot of chopping, cooking and eating!

When I first tried it (for about a week), I really took it seriously and my meds went from every three hours to occasionally as long as five hours. I was thrilled! Then I went on holiday for five days, didn't look after myself at all, felt way worse when I got back two weeks ago, and can't seem to get back on track. Partly because I was so terribly tired the first week. I hope you'll keep posting about it because the encouragement and company would be great!
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote