View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 12:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was tested for EBV about 10 years ago to see if I have had it in the past. It showed that I did indeed have it in the past, but it showed it was inactive at the time. The doctor said it was encapsulated, dormant.

It remains in the body for life, once exposed. I don't remember having Mono, but my doctor said some people just get a bad cold from it and don't realize it was not a cold virus but the EB virus.

Yes 95 percent of the population has had it at some point in their lives. Some get it bad and end up with Mono. Just like some have a bad case of the Flu and others get it minor case, like a bad cold. We are all different.

As a virus I don't know how they can eradicate it from out lives. Viruses are hard to treat, or not treatable, and run their course. They can't cure the common cold virus after all this time.

Perhaps a vaccine, but even the Flu vaccine is not stable enough to stop some Flu's that mutate. People that had Rubella, can still get shingles, even those who had the vaccine.

I hope they can do something to stop EBV, but even with today's modern medicine it seems they can't do much to actually destroy it, it may stay dormant, but can reactive just like the herpes viruses and PR, by molecular mimicry.

Good research article find Koala, let's all hope they continue to work on it. Mono is bad enough and MS is a pain in a donkey's hindquarters.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.

Last edited by Lady; 11-28-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: my spell checker is on a nutty holiday
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (11-28-2010), Friend2U (11-28-2010), Koala77 (11-28-2010)