View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 10:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Hathor,
Thought I would try to answer your yeast question. Yes, eliminating yeast is very confusing. There is no black and white with yeast. Apparently for a yeast reduced diet, you eliminate all the food necessary to make you feel better. This may include such stuff as vinegar, coffee, chocolate, citric acid

When talking with Dr. Fine, his eliminaiton of yeast is all added baker's yeast. When I was at his convention he said all food would be yeast, soy, dairy and gluten free. I was surprised to see mushrooms and vinegar.

I have found I feel better if I go a step farther and remove vinegar - maybe it is someting else in vinegar that bothers me. I am also low in processed sugars - I still eat any fruit.

Definitely remove anything that has yeast in the ingredient list - the rest will be trial and error to see what you can tolerate. I found Feast Without Yeast to be a helpful book. http://www.amazon.com/Feast-Without-.../dp/0967005701 The only fault I found is that gluten was not removed soon enough.

I will be interested to hear what Dr Fine has to say.
Anne
annelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote