View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 10:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool

artist,

thx for the explanations!....andfor the additional characters..... i didn't know i was being 'upmarket", lol.....my brother taught me 'meiyo wenti' when he came back from a month-long trip to (northern) china......he swore it was the local equivalent of 'no worries', but i've always been hesitant about it, because i wouldn't put it past him to teach me to say 'my dog has fleas'....or worse!

the chinese language sounds a bit like the english language....it's always the same written down, but if u travelled from one end of this country to the other, you'd swear u were hearing 9 different languages....and that's not even taking into account "real" english, as spoken in england!

hope u enjoy your weather and your walking with the dog...btw, i've enjoyed the pix of him.....i'm jealous of your warm days...we r still recovering from a snow/sleet storm that left us with 8 inches of solidly packed white garbage....the alternate sleet and snow made it pack down into a solid mess that closed schools, businesses and major highways....it's so dense, u don't sink into it, u walk on top of it.

so enjoy a little sunshine for me please!

liz
coachV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote