View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wisdom Teeth extracted, some problems :S

Hello everyone, sorry to be a nuisance here but i just had a few questions that may have arisen due to some severe googling and scaring myself.

Okay so i had my wisdom teeth extracted on the 19th Nov, (top and bottom), and all went well as far as i know however, about day 7 i thought i was starting to heal due to the swelling going down etc, but i felt a rush of extreme pain (headache, nausea, etc) that day and an odd taste in my mouth.

So i went to the dentist, and had a quick irrigation and was given a syringe to flush out any debris etc.

However i notice now, that only on the right side, i have a small hard lump (painful if i fiddle with it too much) where the extraction was, and if i press against it a small amount of pus? (yelowish,redish) 'stuff' comes out of the wound (which to me looks like normal gum now, a bit loose maybe), it has a strange taste and it was a taste i had been wondering where it was coming from for the last few days.

I told my dentist and was given more antibiotics to take as i had finished my box of amoxicillin, now im on Clindamycin.

Is there anything to be worried about?
I still have this hard lump on my right side, it's not very big maybe the size of a finger tip.

Thank you, V
vRap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote