View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi vRap,

It sounds like there is some infection going on in that area. It could be localized or it could be in the bone itself. This second round of antibiotics may help, but an xray should be taken when this rx is finished even if your symptoms are gone. Rinsing with warm salt water 3-4 times a day for the next 2 weeks will help to limit the bacteria and keep it clean. Avoid rinsing with any commercial mouthwashes as they contain alcohol and other ingredients that actually irritate the gum tissue and reduce the salivary flow. It is still best to have it rechecked with an xray to make sure the infection has not spread to the bone.

Let us know how you're doing!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRap View Post
Hello everyone, sorry to be a nuisance here but i just had a few questions that may have arisen due to some severe googling and scaring myself.

Okay so i had my wisdom teeth extracted on the 19th Nov, (top and bottom), and all went well as far as i know however, about day 7 i thought i was starting to heal due to the swelling going down etc, but i felt a rush of extreme pain (headache, nausea, etc) that day and an odd taste in my mouth.

So i went to the dentist, and had a quick irrigation and was given a syringe to flush out any debris etc.

However i notice now, that only on the right side, i have a small hard lump (painful if i fiddle with it too much) where the extraction was, and if i press against it a small amount of pus? (yelowish,redish) 'stuff' comes out of the wound (which to me looks like normal gum now, a bit loose maybe), it has a strange taste and it was a taste i had been wondering where it was coming from for the last few days.

I told my dentist and was given more antibiotics to take as i had finished my box of amoxicillin, now im on Clindamycin.

Is there anything to be worried about?
I still have this hard lump on my right side, it's not very big maybe the size of a finger tip.

Thank you, V
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote