View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 12:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sounds logical to me

While spending more time with our bodies in direct contact with mother earth is a new spin, it makes perfect sense to me since I know how much better we feel in both mind and body when we've spent some time outside with everything that's bursting with life instead of staying cooped up inside all the time in our perfectly heated and cooled hermetically sealed homes.

My wife felt so strongly about it not being healthy to stay indoors all the time we finally broke down and purchased a UTV (an ATV buggy where you sit side by side instead) last week. While it's going to prove to be a great work horse for getting chores accomplished around our property, the main reason we got it was just so that I'd have a way of bombing around and drinking in the beautiful world around us.

Yesterday some friends on their ATV and us in our UTV went out for a ride where we saw bald eagles (plus we found their nest) and all sorts of other critters while putting along at around 20 mph. It was just plain fun! Just because we've got physical disabilities doesn't mean we still can't figure out ways to still go out and enjoy this beautiful earth we live on - except some times we just have to get a bit more creative about how we figure out the solutions. Come spring I think I'll find it hard to stay inside anymore. Now who's coming along for the ride?
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote