View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

My very first symptom was leg pain and then total numbness in both legs that lasted about 6 weeks. I thought it was a pinched nerve. Went to the doctor but they had no clue.

Two years later I had a severe case of double vision. After many doctor, neuro and optho appointments it was determined that I had MS.

Thinking back...and after alot of research on my own...I figured it out that the leg numbness was really my first major episode or exacerbation.

I've had Optic Neuritis since and other bouts with numbness in different parts of my body. My right hand and arm (below the elbow) is totally numb and has been for several years.

I didn't have a lumbar puncture. Just an MRI with contrast.

I hope your next appointment yields some sort of diagnosis for you. I know it's hard to wait...especially when you know something is wrong and the very people who are supposed to be able to tell you what it is are stumped, too.

There are lots and lots of people here who have been in the very place you are now. Most of us have been at some point. And we know how frustrating it can be. Hang in there and keep coming here. It helps to know you're not alone.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (12-01-2010), Friend2U (11-30-2010), SallyC (11-29-2010)