View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 06:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
Hi Chaddiwicker, I have a few questions if you don't mind. Have you been able to work at all during your life? Does your attorney have all the hospitals you have been admitted to and doctors you have seen ? Were you turned down for a reconsideration or by the appeals council? If you answer me back I may be able to answer your question better. From what I have read your case does not sound hopeless, your attorney may not be the right person for your case.
In the mean time there is a great thread on this site for people like you who suffer from depression and suicidal thoughts, please go there for support, they are all really great people and help a lot. Alfie is one of the posters and is really helpful. Please get back to me. Be strong and never give up. What may look hopeless today may be triumph tomorrow.
Thank you for your response.

I have worked, though I have struggled with depression since a teenager and have often quit jobs when I got depressed by just stopping going to work (not being able to get out of bed or anxiety of facing the world). I have had over 40 different jobs. I was also unable to complete college due to struggles with depression.

The attorney does have all the information I can remember. I don't have a lot of information from when I was younger because I or my family cannot remember who I saw for treatment. My records are mostly up to date since about 2004/2005. I recently looked at the "evidence" sheet and remembered that I had been approved for a program that I hadn't previously thought of and have requested information from them.

I'm not sure how exactly to answer you question about the appeals council. I was denied once by an ALJ after a hearing. My lawyer is trying to get me a second hearing with the appeals council. If I am denied a second hearing, my understanding is that my last resort is the Federal Appeals Court.

One slightly positive sign, if it is true... I read that appeals are often given when recordings of the hearings are partially inaudible. My lawyer told me that I was audible in the recordings for my hearing but the ALJ and others were not.

I discovered, today, that I cannot switch agencies for mental health without approval as my lawyer suggested. They want me to try a different therapist or file a formal complaint. I don't feel my therapist and I are a match but I don't think she deserves to get in trouble because we don't "mesh".

Stressed out about the new therapist stuff today. Scared that even talking about my stress about disability makes me look "bad".
Chaddiwicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote