View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 02:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

CW,

I understand that you feel uncomfortable filing a formal complaint because you don't mesh with your current therapist, but if that is the only way to change therapists, I think it's something you MUST do. Having adequate medical documentation of total disability is essential for approval for SSDI or SSI. I would write that in your complaint......that the financial worry that you are experiencing is exacerbating your issues. If a therapist feels that you can work, preparing you to do that should be a large focus of your treatment plan. If they feel that you cannot work, that documentation is critical for your long term well being. I would think a good therapist should understand that.

I understand that most therapists are reluctant to share the specifics of a treatment session. They do that to protect your privacy. One would think the center you use would have a medical director whom you could see for consult who could prepare the needed documentaion.......not necessarily revealing the specifics of each session, but evaluating your ability to engage in substantial gainful employment.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chaddiwicker (11-30-2010)