View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lori,

I started ketamine infusions with Dr. Philip Getson in Marlton, NJ in April of this year. I did the 10 day outpatient protocol, followed by 2 days a week for a month, then tapered to 2 days every other week for a while, then once every 3 weeks or so. I returned to my FT job in June. I am now with a doctor in RI and will be going to a 2 day schedule every 4 weeks, which we hope will evolve to 2 days every 6 weeks if I can stick it out. So far I have had 28 infusions.

I wanted to go off the morphine (Fentanyl). So I did. No doctor told me that I had to. I also felt well enough from the ketamine that I could.

Ketamine gave me my life back. The protocol is just as important as the treatment, though - I think that beginning with a multiple day protocol helped me quite a bit. There is a lot of info about ketamine on the RSDSA.org website.

Let me know if you have any other questions. The best of luck to you. XOXOX Sandy

[QUOTE=lorigood243;720972]Hi Sandy

I have a question for you.

In regards to the Ketermine infusions...after you have them do you go off your regular pain meds? I use a fentanyl patch and small doses of Methadone
letme know what happens when you get the infusion. i still havent decided about getting them done. My hubby is against them, and the reviews are mixed. My primary care says i should go and hear out the doctor who would administer it. im just not sure.
any hoo...do you go off your regular pain meds when you get infused?
Thank you
Lori
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gramE (11-30-2010)