View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, wonders of wonders - I just found out yesterday I have Myalgia and Myositis. They gave me a large packet about fibromyalgia so I'm thinking the diagnoses they gave me was, in essence, Fibro.

I'm not too surprised to find this out. I've been in pain for a long time and could not understand why my Primary Care Physician didn't have me seek out a Rhematologist sooner. My blood work up said that my C-reactive protein was high. It's got something to do with inflamation within the body. It could mean a lot of things (much worse things) but I guess whith the other blood test results, they were able to rule out some of the worst causes for elelvated CRP (cancer, liver malfuction amoung a few).

I've been on a pain management routine for quite some time now. Morphine (time release) and Oxycodone (for breakover pain). I have several types of bones disorders so was given a visit to a pain management clinic.

I don't know how much it helps because I'm always in pain. I'd hate to stop taking the meds to find out!

****, something else to worry about...
hollymm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (11-30-2010)