View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Yes, I put up alot of stuff for questions like this so people will take copies to their doctors.

The use of iron in males who have normal blood work, is very problematic. And over the past 10 yrs has been linked to heart disease in males. The iron can accumulate elsewhere too. Many doctors don't keep up on the nutrition recommendations that appear. You can also search "mens health" sites and find more about the iron issue. Most mens vitamin formulas in the stores now have NO iron in them. Check the labels and see. This is why.

If severe, it becomes hemochromatosis, which some doctors think is rare, but is really not. Testing stats I have seen put it just about at the rate of identical twinning (1;150 in some studies). You would have skin bronzing as a sign of that. In males it occurs at younger ages, than females, because females have menstrual blood loss monthly. But Marlene's husband here has it.

So the risk of iron overload concerns me, as well as safety issues of how the extract is made. Injecting foreign proteins into muscle is going to hurt and cause difficulties of its own, as well.

You can buy the benfotiamine OTC as well as the B12. Both are on the subforum here.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote