View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 03:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Ginnie

I never tried that...Do you have any projects that you would consider easy to do that i should try first? I made an ashtray once when i was a child for a Christmas present for my mom, you made me remember that, its a good memory, thank you.

So what would you recommend? If you want to try crocheting a scarf is a good simple project to try and there are several videos to learn from online. I tried to learn to knit with an online video and it was hopeless, just couldnt make it work. I am going to go to one of those free classes that Michaels or Joanns craft stores offer on the weekends, maybe they can teach me in person.

Thanks for replying!
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hi lori, It sounds like you like the artistic side like I do. I am home also, and got involved with mosaics. I do go to thrift shops for cups, plates and anthing else at garage sales. my neighbors know I collect and give me their broken china. It costs very little to start up. Wood, cement pavers, tile, slate can all be used to put a mosaic design on. Lots of free books on it in the library. It is fun and anyone can learn how. Just another home hobby that helps me to cope with my dissabilities. Glad you like making things too. ginnie