View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Pete - I've had an awful time with the rebound headaches at times with the Fiorcet. It does work for my headaches at first, but the "rebound" effect hits fairly often. Ugh....

I have a triptan for really bad migraines, and use Toradol injections for when I need to take a break from the Fiorcet. Motrin helps. And I still have Oxycodone and use that, too, but only at night when I'm not working.

In spite of the ketamine, head pain remains a constant battle for me. It's definitely where the worst of my RSD decided to settle. Bummer.

Thanks so much for your reply. XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
Sandy, I wanted to mention this to you, as I recall how you suffer with headaches/pain.
I used to be on Fiorinal too, for many years, even before I got RSD / TOS.
Only prn at that time.

Then, my doctor and I realized that the Fiorinal has caffeine in it. And,, I was getting constant 'rebound' headaches. My doctor did a search in the PDR, and found another med, that was the same make up as Fiorinal, but without the caffeine! It worked much better, but, I'm sorry I cannot remember the name of it.
If it comes to me, I'll PM you.

Also, to 'Don'tTouchIt', methadone has been a mainstay for the 'burning' pain of rsd, for about 20 years now.

Hope this might help, be well!

Pete
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote