View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi p_v13,

The collagen plus that I mentioned is one piece. It does not separate from itself and it becomes engorged with blood from the initial clot. So I'm thinking it's probably not that.

Did your dentist tell you it's ok to use your electric toothbrush? Some dentists suggest not to use it for the first 6-8 weeks post op. Gentle flossing is needed, but don't use the floss too aggessively. Gentle, "thorough" tooth brushing with a very soft bristle toothbrush twice a day, floss once a day unless food debris gets stuck in between the teeth someplace, and salt water rinsing 2-3 times a day. That is really all that is necessary for post op care after your type of surgery.

Every time you brush along the gumline in both the front and back of your teeth, you should have the bristles of the toothbrush at a 90 degree angle along the gumline. Use gentle circular motions around the front and back of every tooth as this mechanical action will remove plaque and massage the gum tissue. Then use the brush in a back and forth horizontal motion along the biting surfaces to clean them.

I think the white stuff is either a little bit of pus or plaque....... that's my guess based on your description of things. When do you go back to see the dentist?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_v13 View Post
Hmmmm...interesting. the white spongy plug that you described seems to fit what i am seeing from time to time but then again i am unsure. it's not a large amount that come out but it's enough to alarm me. Also, why does he have me push on the gum lines with a tooth brush? is this suppose to help get the blood to circulate or what? in some areas it is still tender and i do not push hard on the gum lines like he showed me.

Yes, i have been doing my best to keep the area clean. i floss, brush with an electric tooth brush, and rinse with warm salt water. also i clean the area again with chlorohexidine he gave me. I do all of this 3x a day and whenever i eat something. should i be doing more? Any suggestions?

Oh, i wanted to know if part of your gums are suppose to feel numb. when i floss i cannot feel my gums in a certain area. i believe this is the part where he put the stitches in order to hold the flap of gum over the bone graft. will the numbness go away or is this permanent? Should I be alarmed?

Thank you for answering my questions. i greatly appreciate them.
P
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote