View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 10:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONTTOUCHIT View Post
Hi Just wonderind what others have found halpful as far as pain meds ?

I have used Fenatanly patches , They helped but always fell off.

Oxycontin 20-40-80 Mgs anywhere from 3xs a day to 3 times a day, Currently on 40 mgs a day the 80 where way to strong for me .

Oxycodone HCL IR 5 Mg up to 8 times a day , These seem to work for the most part but seem like im getting used to them and may need to up the dose/.

Percocett didnt help at all

Morphine all different doses , These seemed to help the least of any meds.

Also on Lyrica ,Cymbalta,clonzapin,Gabe something, Was on Neurotin also

Im just cururious if there is something lese out there I may suggest to Doc or is even suggesting something different to a Doc a no no , I have a pretty good relationship with my Doc, i consider her a friend if that makes sense but dont want to seem like Im lookjing for better stronger drugs.

Any suggestions would help out a great deal , I have read Dilaudid(sp) works pretty good
I've had RSD 15 years-now full body or generalized and also internal. I used to take 3200 mg of neurotin, changed to lyrica, and gradually went off both without getting electric jolts, jerks, spasms back for the most part.
RSD is an autonomic condition, affecting blood pressure, so I take 2 different blood pressure meds. vicodin for pain, lorazepam for anti-anxiety med, which helps a lot to keep me calm , Cymbalta, Seroquel for sleep. I dailey exercise, stretch. Swimming has been the best for keeping mobility. Only one hand is crippled-diagnosis too late. Went thru a lot of physical therapy and massage therapy. Tried accupuncture, but couldn't handle it. Physcial therapy gave me my range of motion for both sides of frozen shoulder along with massage therapy. Massage therapy helps our circulation. Also in the process of my Dr. making up a compounding cream for topical use for skin issues-ketamine, lidocaine antibiocs---Also, one of the biggest helps has been ongoing psych. appointments monthly. In my 6th year with this Dr. who also is a neurologist, internist, pharmacologist and trained in HBOT. I also had extensive grief therapy when my parents died, which has helped me cope with the many losses that come with RSD. Hope this helps-rsdrx.com puzzle list is a good source of info. Also local support groups can be very helpful. One of your new friends, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gramE (11-30-2010)