View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 10:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Marilee,

My first concussion was when I was 12, falling off my bike trying to pop a wheelie without a helmet because they weren't invented yet (1966) I was unconscious for a half an hour before the ambulance arrived. My friend frantically was running from house to house trying to get help.

My second concussion was at the age of 14, on the ski slopes, again without a helmet, unconscious for 15 minutes.

The third concussion (16) happened on the basketball court during gym class, slammed my head on the floor, unconscious for about 3 minutes.

ALL were sport related.

I have had 3 more since then in my adult life and 2 car accidents with whip lash (no concussion there but definitely was jarred)

These prior multiple concussions have lead me to experience PSC with my last concussion on 3/1/10. I am so longer working, driving and living a very quiet life at home.

I often have wondered if I were wearing a helmet during the first two concussions, how my life would be different today. And yet you said you were wearing a helmet. Ah this just make sense, Marilee.

Being on this forum and reading about the children who have been injured while playing sports, their parents who come searching for help and how much their lives have changed like ours - all I can say is I feel very committed to understanding this more.

I so look forward to hearing your thoughts....

Peace
Grady Lady
Grady Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote