View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 07:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lori.......here's more info by one of the authors of the book http://www.esdjournal.com/articles/cober/earth.htm

What is really getting me excited about this concept, as I read more of the book, is that the authors all seem excited just to share their theories and educate people. They are not saying "you must buy these products" or "everyone must buy and read this book." Their approach is really more about just telling everyone that you know to go touch the earth !

The chapter I just read talked about the potential uses, suggesting that mattress manufacturers should start putting pads into their mattresses. That would kill the sales of the Barefoot Connections Ped Bads, but they reommend it ! The book also discusses the hope that their will be widespread use of grounding shoes, for when going barefoot is impractical. Barefoot Connections doesn't make grounding shoes. Other companies do, for people who work in electrically sensitive areas. Most of the ones I saw were hideous 'orthopedic' shoes, but I did see some cute clogs. I've also been finding some cheaper alternatives for grounding pads. Apparently, they are needed in some industries and also used by people with expensive computer equipment to be anti static.

I'm just really impressed by the apparent lack of financial incentive the authors take in their approach. Maybe I've seen too many infomercials, but I'm very used to any new gimmick coming with a big price tag. This new 'gimmick' is saying "this health benefit is FREE, just do it !"

Wow !

Just to be clear.....the book doesn't claim being grounded will cure anything. It's just premoting the idea that more direct contact with the earth can help our bodies return to a more natural grounded state that should help fight free radicals and decrease inflammation.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote