Thread: Swallowing.....
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 10:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yowsa! Frogga and DebbieHub

Not being able to swallow is the worst. In May of 99 I had to have a Nissen Wrap done on my stomach for Acid Reflux Disease. It runs in my family and all of my siblings have it as well. I remember the swallowing issues so well.

Debbie are you talking about putting the long noodle like tube down through the nose into the stomach and pulling it out a little bit at a time? Measuring the tightness of the esophagus muscles around the noodle as you swallow? It sucks and I was curious if that was what you were talking about. I never knew the name of it.

Even now over the last 16 months my swallowing issues are back. It is almost like you go to swallow and there is a blockage. Mind you we could be talking about drinking water. It is frustrating. I choke sometimes, I too have to spit it out and so on. Not pleasant but none of this ever is. I personally feel that the RSD/CRPS does directly effect so many functions.

Granted I do not suffer from the acid reflux like I used to but if I am not careful with all the meds I could easily end up right back at square one. I take prescription Tagamet to be safe. And of course it causes constipation.

Frogga you should see your Doc about this or have him or her send you to a Gastroenterologist. I hope my two cents helps. If not just throw it in the garbage!

Chin Up!! Mark