View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Jersey girl,

Wow, sorry to hear about your struggles. I know how frustrating Workers Comp can be. I lost my appeal for coverage for my head injury in 2001. Now, I have to depend on Social Security Disability.

You have lots of issues we can discuss. As Learner said, getting hormone, vestibular and vision checked are easy and important. There are many other things that people on this forum can help you with.

It will help us if you post in short paragraphs. Many of us struggle to read text, especially if it has too many continuous lines. About 5 or 6 lines per paragraph seems to work best for most of us.

Try to tell us about your individual symptoms and struggles. Someone here will have experience with the same issue.

Most of the improvement from TBI/mTBI in the early days is from learning how to work with your symptoms. This allows you to lower your stress levels which helps your brain heal. Your brain needs a stress free environment plus good sleep and nutrition to heal.

Eating meat has a benefit of amino acids that are specific to meat that the brain needs. Do a search on this forum for nutrition or vitamins and you will find a lot of information. B6, B12, folate, omega3's, D3, all of the anti-oxidants, are in great need by a damaged brain. Think of your brain as a toxic waste dump from all of the damage and stress. It needs good nutrition to help flush out the bad stuff.

Keep on keeping on. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Get a copy of Dr Glen Johnson's TBI survival Guide at http://www.drakecenter.com/file.axd?...vivalGuide.pdf

or your can view it online chapter by chapter at www.tbiguide.com. Dr Johnson does this as a free service to the TBI community. Any small donation to help him with his web site costs are appreciated.

There are many of us who have years of experience with mTBI. I have a lifetime of experience since my first serious concussion in 1965.

Everything you said about your accident makes sense. You response to the EMS people that you don't remember is normal. The concussed brain does not store information very well, especially shortly after the impact.

Your experience with doctors also is not uncommon. We are the invisible walking wounded. If we complain to the doctors, they say it is all in our heads. They don't realize how right they are.

More later.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vini (12-03-2010)