View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Reply to Nubythe dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubythedog View Post
Which IBS do you have, IBSC or IBSD? I have the later and have for 15 years. First, get yourself some Citrucel and start every day by drinking a glass. Don't get anything else but Citrucel. Those other fiber supplements can make things worse. Next, cut out caffiene and soda for a while. Next, try going with easy to digest food for a while, like white breads, boiled chicken and rice, etc... Also, don't be afraid to take Immodium daily. Immodium is pretty similar to the prescription drugs that are given for IBS, like Bentle and Levbid. Also, every strong peppermint tea works great...as long as you don't have issues with GERD as well. I use the tea all the time. Good luck!
Hi Nuby,
I am the queen of IBS and it took me 8 years to finally cure it. Gluten was the big culprit and when I cut it out, 4 weeks later the IBS stopped. Cut out any and all alcohol and I started feeling like I was young again. Any food or drink that is acid forming bothers me but I still drink coffee just watch it. Also a naturopath put me on to "Gastrogest", best digestive aid I have ever found, now my friends who have been diagnosed with diverticulitis take it and find that symptoms stop. The Gastrogest before you eat and Betaine Hydrochloride (hydrochloric acid) after you eat. Now that I have my digestive system working, I am hopeful my PN will improve. I hope you try it. It worked for me. Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote