View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I've had 'alllergies' since I was a kid.....

I've had 'congestion' all my adult life!
Rite now? I see an allergist who gets me scripts for nasonex and I get OTC Zyrtec for the rest... or, when wanting to go lower key [for other issues] Benedryl. I switch between these latter two as needed. AND, they've worked. Just when I must take the Benedryl in larger doses to avoid other medical reactions for treatments? I find I get a BIG rebound effect!
Both meds work, for a variety of issues, key is to use the rite dose at the rite time. They are at least cheap compared to prescription meds...and the zyrtec was a script med until about 3 years ago... But, it works. For me.
To prevent excess drainage? I normally use a damp cloth to keep my head/nasal passages moist during the nite. Keep Biotene spray handy to avoid super dry mouth and take the zyrtec before I go to bed [or a Benedryl] as needed.
Once You wake up? Sipping Tea or HOT water to flush out the gunk and on from there...sometimes warm heat paks on the sinus cavities can help... but not a heap more can be done.
I've not thot about Vit A as a 'cure'? Have you asked Mrs D? I'll look into it, but I'm not a vite expert by any means...I just cope. Like you? ! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote