View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ON pain is spreading.

I began suffering left-sided ON in January 2007. Luckily, I had a diagnosis relatively soon afterward. I've undergone pain medication, chiropractic manipulation (standard and a type called NUCCA), nerve injections, cryoanalgesia & a radio frequency procedure. I'm now scheduled to undergo a trial neuro-stimulator inserted at the base of the occipital nerve. I actually had this done about 1 1/1 years ago, but I don't really remember the outcome too much. I don't think it was very helpful and the stimulator caused an area behind my left-ear to become inflamed.

Besides the above procedures, has anyone undergone any other procedures I'm missing. I know enough to understand that cutting the nerve is a last option as it can cause more pain than helping. I'm just looking for any alternative. My pain is no longer just affecting the occipital nerve. It's spread to nerves that travel over my left ear, down my forehead, along the left side of my nose and under my left eye. I have no idea what the names of all of these nerves are.

Any suggestions, no matter how strange, would be appreciated. I would be happy to explain any of the above procedures I've had to anyone needing more information. Thanks!
Cerridwen35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote