View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Y0U View Post
Hello there,

I'm 23 years old and for about 1 year im suffering from what I think is an occipital neuralgia. I have constant pain in the back of my head in the occipital region and the pain radiates to my scalp, forehead, tample and nose and sometimes it is affecting my throat near the lymph nodes/larynx.

The pain is always present and now it's worse when I wake up. The only time I don't feel the pain is when I'm drinking and partying with friends.

Can occipital neuralgia affect the nose too because I don't see people having the same symptoms as I have and I can't say my occipital neuralgia represents the regular ON because of the pressure pain on my nose.

Anyone else having ON affecting the nose too? What can it be? Atypical TN?

Please
I'm having similar symptoms with my ON. Originally, it just involved the back of my head. Now it's spread down my forehead, along the side of my nose and wraps under my eye. I also have pain over the top of my ear. My neurologist told me that these are not the same nerves as the ON; however, there is so much inflammation along the ON that it is affecting other nerves around it. I hope this helps.

I'm wondering what all types of treatments you've undergone for your ON? I've tried several things over the last 3 1/2 years with very little relief. Due to medication I take for seizures, I'm not allowed to drink so that's not an option for me. I'm glad you're able to get some relief that way.
Cerridwen35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote