View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi p_v13,

The collagen plus that I mentioned is one piece. It does not separate from itself and it becomes engorged with blood from the initial clot. So I'm thinking it's probably not that.

Did your dentist tell you it's ok to use your electric toothbrush? Some dentists suggest not to use it for the first 6-8 weeks post op. Gentle flossing is needed, but don't use the floss too aggessively. Gentle, "thorough" tooth brushing with a very soft bristle toothbrush twice a day, floss once a day unless food debris gets stuck in between the teeth someplace, and salt water rinsing 2-3 times a day. That is really all that is necessary for post op care after your type of surgery.

Every time you brush along the gumline in both the front and back of your teeth, you should have the bristles of the toothbrush at a 90 degree angle along the gumline. Use gentle circular motions around the front and back of every tooth as this mechanical action will remove plaque and massage the gum tissue. Then use the brush in a back and forth horizontal motion along the biting surfaces to clean them.

I think the white stuff is either a little bit of pus or plaque....... that's my guess based on your description of things. When do you go back to see the dentist?

Bryanna

Thank you for your suggestions. I thought that using an electric toothbrush was too soon but asked him more than once if it was ok. I was told yes I could do anything. He didn't seem too worried about the white stuff when he looked at it and gave me the impression that I was worrying for nothing.

I have a 2 month check up with him Dec. 9. I will mention again that I still see the white stuff every now and then. I will also ask if it is plaque or pus. Hopefully he can give me an explaination as to why this is happening. I do not want to go through this ordeal again. I have never had any problems with my teeth before and this one threw me.

If it is plaque or pus, will he just give me more antibiotics and clean the area? Will that get rid of the white stuff? Again, I am not hurting but I do not want to wait til I get to that point and suffer major pains and problems.

Thanks again for your advice. I will let you know what he said.
-P
p_v13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote