View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Myelopathy?? Spinal Cord Syndrome??

Hello All. I have been reading and researching this stuff, but I am at a standstill. Can anyone enlighten me about your own experiences with Myelopathy, or Spinal Cord Syndrome, or Post Polio Muscular Atrophy?? I have more upper motor neuron signs than lower, and I have a 30 year history of very slow progression. It is interesting that Post-Polio Syndrome is now listed with the motor neuron diseases.

However, over the past 2 years, I have more overall weakness, pain and muscle problems, and atrophy of my left thigh muscles is new. I am very stiff. Also, I am surprised that I am now have to limit activity with hands and arms, or cannot lift right arm sometimes. I have been to doctors, had testing, get the "dive-bomber" sound on my EMG in my left arm. It seems hard to track this down as to just what is going on. Years ago, wise neurologist said, "It is not time to know."

I have post-polio syndrome, but have not been diagnosed with any progressive motor diseases. I also have cervical spondylotic myelopathy, mild cerebral palsy and partial complex seizure disorder. I also have spasticity, clonus, hyper reflexes.

I'm thinking that it is the Myelopathy or Spinal Cord something, that is getting to me, as it feels like I have a knife in my spine. And all these years, I just go on with my life, and deal with it all. No paid meds or anything. There is the possiblity of Post-Polio Progressive Muscular Atrophy, I suppose, whatever.

As I have said, I am just curious about any similar experiences.

LaVerne
Midwest City, OK
LucysFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote